It’s always fun to reflect on things that make life a little more fun, a little brighter, so let’s look at my favorite things this past week.
- Used books on Amazon: I love to buy books, as you can see, and I love a good brand new book, but also love my used books too! Unfortunately I lack a good local used bookstore but I often buy used books from Amazon. I just bought a few which I added to my to read pile.
- Mad Love® Lennie Sneakers from Target – I first bought the linen striped ones, then went back for black and now I might need every color. I love them.
- Mint Limeade from Cafe Rio – Have you ever been to Cafe Rio? They are new to our area and there is one now located near my work. Their Mint Limeade is what dreams are made of, or at least my dreams. I would like a jug of it at my desk please.
- Plantoeat.com – I love this site and have a subscription. I love Pinterest, don’t get me wrong, but I find it hard to actually organize my recipes in a way to plan meals. So I’ve been importing them into Plantoeat.com and I can meal plan and track what we like and don’t like and need groceries for much more efficiently. I love the ability to tag it with multiple tags like kid friendly, low-carb and Easter. (Please note, the link is my affiliate link so if you do click on it and subscribe I will receive a credit for your subscription.)
- Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Makeup Blending Brush – Someone I work with got one for Christmas and told me about them so I figured I had to try it. Not only do these brushes do a wonderful job with my foundation, but when I had the stupid cold/plague that everyone had it felt amazing on my sinuses!
- Colorstreet – Have you ever tried these? They’re Nail Polish Strips and while my nails are sometimes broken messes, sometimes they’re not! I just attended a party and bought a few and put on the Pink Ribbon design and I have to say they look pretty good. They are so easy to apply!
- My New Mug – It’s really cute and really makes me smile, and sometimes that’s all you need.
- Library Home Delivery – The Orange County Public Library does home delivery, yup, you heard me right. I still have to go and physically return the books but that’s the easy part! I love coming home and finding a new pile of books for me to incorporate into story time. Stella also loves it. So far Sadie is a creature of habit with her books and seems to like her regular ones but Stella likes having new ones folded in.
- Date Night – Date night is not a typical thing we get to experience. We are so lucky that my parents watch the twins during the day, but that does make it hard to find babysitters for other times. My parents were gracious enough to come and babysit on Saturday so that we could go out for dinner, which was lovely.
- Good Sadie news – Sadie’s only current diagnosis is having a seizure disorder, and as many say she is doing things in “Sadie time”. With that said, it’s always encouraging when we get positive feedback as often “Sadie time” feels painfully slow. This week the feedback after speech therapy was “Another great visit with Sadie today! It seems she’s having quite a growth spurt with language and motor skills! Lots of functional language today. I’m trying to incorporate more sensory input into our sessions with spinning and swinging and she requests them by name when I give her a choice! (Swing, dip, spin).”.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” ~ John Lennon
What have been some of your favorite things this week?
This page contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you use them.
Twitter – @booksandsassy
Facebook – @Booksandsassylilacs
Instagram – @booksandsassylilacs
Goodreads – /booksandsassylilacs
Pinterest – /booksandsassylilacs